How to fix “Failed to connect to the internet” error when execute the Installcontent.rlcontent? (for Windows OS)
1) Make sure you have the latest version of main program to be installed.
2) Update Content Downloader program to the latest version.
3) Delete RLCntDownloader folder at: –
***Note: C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\ is a hidden folder.
4) Run “Windows Update” and check whether it is the newest. If Windows is not updated ceaselessly, several issues might be occurred.
5) To check if you are using a proxy server by following the steps below: –
a) Go to “Start” > “Control Panel” > “Internet Options” > “Connections” tab > Click on the “LAN Settings…” button
b) Please temporarily bypass using a proxy server if you are using one.
Disabled proxy in Windows 10: –
6) To ensure the following registry value is set to 0: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ProxyEnable
7) To disable WinSock Proxy Client: –
8) To check if your security software is the problem, temporarily disable your security software, software firewall, hardware (router) firewall, antivirus, phishing filter (Internet Explorer), or ad-blockers from toolbars as any of these can interfere with the access to our download server.
9) Ensure Reallusion website is not listed in the hosts file at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts. Remove the entry if there is.
10) Make sure you login with Administrator privilege on your PC when you install the program.
If the above could not help, please revise again your other system and network setting as per the error description.